Unfortunately, Today there is no great popular awareness about everything that revolves around climate change and global warming. Many people are reluctant to think about the serious effects that climate change is causing throughout the planet.
Then I will tell you 5 truths about global warming so you realize how serious it is and how important it is to seek solutions in the most urgent way possible.
- Since 1880 the temperature around the planet has risen by almost one degree. It is striking that in such a short space of time, the temperature has risen so much. The worst thing is that the predictions are not very promising and speak that the increase may be even greater.
- The sea level has risen in recent years due to the melting of both poles and glaciers. This increase consists of 8 centimeters in the last 20 years and experts predict that by the end of the century, the level itself will have risen by one meter.
- Time is getting more extreme and is that winters are getting colder and summers are getting hotter. This fact will grow more and more over the years.
- Global warming is causing species that are becoming extinct. The data is really shocking and It is predicted that by the middle of the century about a million animal species will have disappeared from the face of the Earth.
- In the last 50 years, the North Pole ice mass has grown from an area of 15 million square kilometers to 13 million square kilometers. They are almost 2 million square kilometers of ice lost.
I hope these 5 truths about global warming help you to become aware of how important it is to take care of the planet as much as possible.